Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Braden Allen McBride, born January 4th, '94, in Corpus Christi to be relocated to Tynan then to Batesville, 2000, one sibling, Madison, '97.
throughout my younger years, because of limited exposure to the world, the motivation behind everything was to please the parents, those who provided for and did everything for me (entire baseball career, Boy Scouts, etc.; because of Dad's pushing) (when I was forced to order for myself at a restaurant, that's when my innocence died). it was only in junior high that I realized I am, actually, my own person - holy expletive. still thinking, of course, that parents knew best (as I'm sure their repetition claiming so has 'come true, though their advice often clashes with my mindset/theories/self), continued to enroll myself in the advance classes (english and math only), never really caring but, attributing this to the angst inherent in all of my age group, discovered when I discovered writing and drawing recreationally, doing as best as possible, allowing significant time for laziness, gaming, homies, etc. up to last year, homework was a priority, my future and parental wrath the motivation. It is in high school I burned out. I am interested in the advanced english classes because of the only thing I seem to be remotely good at, I seem to have a remote passion for, is that aforementioned writing, and, therefore (due to the weird logic I've developed) illustrating; I continue in advanced math because I am (I think) genuinely interested (was, at least). I do what's assigned me as best as possible, but stubbornness and lack of caring sometimes prevents this (the delay in getting this homework done due to the fact I couldn't get past the introduction to the book). As any friend of mine will testify to, my greatest aspiration now is to be a bum. Do not let this discourage you of me though; kick me out of the class because of grades if it comes to that, not because of attitude (can't/won't change it until circumstances call for it, if ever (plannin' on having to be slapped HARD by life, inevitable wake-up call, made peace with this, hahaha)).
strengths (perceived): taking orders (unless conflicting with my values, ideals, etc.; even then, I am (sometimes kinda) good at suckin' it up and gettin' it done). writing. sitting. staring. reading (if remotely interested).
weaknesses: flawed perceptions. bad attitude.
humor: favorite media: Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Simpsons, American Dad, Step Brothers, Anchorman, Xavier: Renegade Angel, Squidbillies - warped version of what has become the comedic norm (the excess of mentally challenged commercials (DQ, Old Spice (though O.S. was one of the originals to capitalize on the recently evolved, widespread sense of humor and Bruce Campbell is amazing))
not fishing for pity; being overweight tripled with the bad attitude and my several medical problems (minor scoliosis, required to wear a minor prosthetic in one shoe, (")growing sideways("), dos aortic chambers instead of the anatomically correct three) - stress is derived from anger and, despite being generally laid back, I bottle a lot of intense emotion. trying to address the questions from the relative standpoint of education; the forced technological methods of turning in assignments very easily completed using pen and paper usually provokes murmurs of disgust during class 'tween me and a bro of mine, who will remain nameless for his sake
no dreams or aspirations, really
no nightmares, really - I physically shudder at the site of and it is required of me to distance myself from even the thought or sight of a picture of centi/milli pedes (you know there is a species of one of 'em that will grab a scorpion by the effing tail and dominate it?! noooo thank you)

No comments:

Post a Comment